Thursday, June 30, 2022

Santiago

We stayed one and a half days in Santiago, and honestly, I could have stayed longer.

The Cathedral is so beautiful and has such a magical pull, I just wanted to keep going back. On our second day, I got up early and walked into town. I enjoyed being in the plaza during the quiet times. I got to go through the Holy Door, we got to attend the Pilgrims Mass again and see the botafumeiro again! What a blessing! We also went to Confession in the Cathedral, another wonderful blessing. 

I went to the Pilgrim Office and received my Compostela- the official Latin document that shows I completed my Camino. The office also has meeting rooms upstairs where you can talk and relax.

I feel grateful, humbled, and blessed beyond belief. It was a journey of highs and lows, and I’m so, so happy I got to do it! It’s something I’ll remember the rest of my life. God has blessed me, and I am grateful. ❤️

Garden in Santiago 

Streets of Santiago 

Cathedral

Cathedral


Side chapel

Detail of the Holy Door

The incredible organ

Garden at the Pilgrim Office

Cathedral


No comments:

Post a Comment

Final thoughts on the Camino

 The Camino had been calling me for years, and I’m so very glad that I got to go. It was everything I had imagined and more. PAIN - My feet ...