Tuesday, June 28, 2022

Travel Day 2

 

Car - plane - bus - plane - train - train - Spain! Over 26 hours of travel, door to door.

We arrived in Madrid on Thursday morning, June 16. After clearing customs and Covid protocols, we headed to a cafe at the airport for cafe con leche, while we waited for our train. We took the commuter train to the Madrid-Chamartin station, then the bullet train to Vigo. 

We had extra time in Madrid, so we took a little walk around the neighborhood by the train station. We found a park and watched the little children playing while we sat in the shade on the park benches. 

Upon arrival in Vigo, we walked up hill a mile to our hotel, the Vigo Plaza. We found a sidewalk cafe nearby and had our first Sangria! Walk begins tomorrow!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Final thoughts on the Camino

 The Camino had been calling me for years, and I’m so very glad that I got to go. It was everything I had imagined and more. PAIN - My feet ...