Sunday, May 29, 2022

My back story

I put the Camino on my vision board in  2019
Me at the national Girl Scout camp, age 15

 I grew up in Indiana as a Girl Scout. I’ve always loved hiking and the outdoors. Some of my favorite memories include overnight camp and an epic cross-country trip to the national Girl Scout camp in Wyoming. 

I’ve always been interested in the Appalachian Trail, and I’ve been fortunate to enjoy day hikes in Virginia and North Carolina. As much I’m enamored with the AT, I never pictured myself hiking with a tent, cooking gear,  and all my food provisions. 

Like most Americans, I first heard of the Camino de Santiago when I watched the Martin Sheen movie “The Way”. It grabbed me like nothing else in my life, except maybe my husband. I knew immediately it was something I wanted to do. Since then, I’ve read so many books and blogs about the Camino. I’ve watched other movies and documentaries. I joined our local Camino group. I attended multiple presentations about the Camino.

The Camino has been calling me for a long time. I’ve just been hoping and praying I’d be able to answer the call someday.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Final thoughts on the Camino

 The Camino had been calling me for years, and I’m so very glad that I got to go. It was everything I had imagined and more. PAIN - My feet ...