Monday, May 30, 2022

History of the Camino

 The Camino de Santiago in Spain is The Way of St James. James was one the twelve apostles of Jesus. He preached in ancient Spain, and his remains are believed to be at the Cathedral in Santiago. In 1492, Pope Alexander VI officially declared this one of the three great pilgrimages of Christendom, along with Jerusalem and Rome. 

The most traveled and best known route is the Frances, 800 km from the border of France to Santiago. There are many routes, and I will be walking the coastal Portuguese path, starting in Baiona, Spain.

Saint James
a, Spain.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final thoughts on the Camino

 The Camino had been calling me for years, and I’m so very glad that I got to go. It was everything I had imagined and more. PAIN - My feet ...