Friday, June 10, 2022

Preparing - Walking

I usually go for a walk every day. Going on Camino is like walking a half marathon every day for a week! 

To prepare, I made my daily walks longer, and I went on long hikes on the weekends, often with my backpack. I am fortunate that we have a local Camino group, and I got to meet so many Pilgrims on these local hikes. It was a fantastic opportunity to learn from their experiennces. On weekends, I would hike over the bridges or at local preserves. My longest hiking days were 11 miles, and I felt fine the next day, so I think I'm ready!
Trish, me, and Beth on a training hike
Me on the Atlantic intracoastal bridge - what a view!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final thoughts on the Camino

 The Camino had been calling me for years, and I’m so very glad that I got to go. It was everything I had imagined and more. PAIN - My feet ...