Friday, June 10, 2022

Preparing - Supplies

To go on Camino, you need a passport, a backpack, and good shoes. I had a passport already, so Step 1 complete! 

 There are lots of places to buy shoes and backpacks. Most people make a trip to REI. I decided to get a 28 liter backpack. I'm going in summer, so I don't need as many clothes. The basic rule is "wear one, carry one". The Camino is not a fashion show! Our Camino is one of the shorter, flatter routes, so I chose trail runners. I had a few more things on my shopping list - a small, foldable backpack for evenings and touring after the Camino, a fanny pack for my passport, Credential, and cash, a headlamp for early mornings, baby diaper pins for laundry, and simple, quick dry clothes for daily hiking. Everything fits in my pack, and I'm ready to go!
My shoes and pack with my Camino shell ❤️

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final thoughts on the Camino

 The Camino had been calling me for years, and I’m so very glad that I got to go. It was everything I had imagined and more. PAIN - My feet ...