Thursday, June 9, 2022

The Decision to Go

As soon as Beth invited me to go on Camino, I wanted to say "yes". But it's a big decision, and it was only three months away.

 I go to lunch every month with a group of ladies from church. Our next lunch date was just a couple days away, and one of the ladies asked if she could bring a friend from out of town. Of course! It turned out her friend Mary had walked the whole Camino Frances! What an amazing and wonderful 'coincidence'. After our group lunch, Mary and I took a walk on the beach, and I asked her lots of questions. It was such a huge and unexpected blessing to talk to another Camino pilgrim. 
My friends from church - Carmen, me, Cheryl, Laurie


 When Beth invited me to go on Camino, I thought Beth's sister Hope would be going too. Hope and I have had lots of trips, hikes, and adventures together, and she would be a perfect travel companion. When Hope decided not to go, due to a recent foot injury, I thought I wouldn't go either. The travel group was now Beth, her husband, and their two adult daughters, and I didn'twant to walk to be a fifth wheel on their family holiday. Then Beth called to say her sister Marie was going too! A perfect roommate for me! During our travel plans, there were lots of challenges with cancelled flights, full trains, and Covid protocols, but my answer is YES, I'm going on Camino!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final thoughts on the Camino

 The Camino had been calling me for years, and I’m so very glad that I got to go. It was everything I had imagined and more. PAIN - My feet ...