Wednesday, June 29, 2022

Camino Day 6 - Padron to O Milladoiro

 17.3 miles

Our last full day of walking! Lots of the blogs I had read said that people were sad or had mixed emotions as their walk was ending, but I didn’t get that. I was happy, happy, happy! 

Marie and I started our day with a coffee then a quick stop at a pharmacy. Then we were back on the Camino! We visited a few churches (outside only) and enjoyed the farms and animals. It was a peaceful day. By afternoon, we saw blue sky! Yay! We had been quite fortunate, it really only rained a bit, but I was still really happy to enjoy the sun. 

Marie got ahead of me and was the first in our group to reach O Milladoiro. She found a cafe and we were able to grab a snack before finding our hotel. Tonight, all six of us enjoyed a nice group dinner together. 

Tomorrow we will walk into Santiago!

Maggie, Beth, Marie, Katie, me, Lee

Beautiful 

Along the Way

Ancient steps

Another beautiful old church

Walking through the vineyards 

Cobblestone roads

Marie leading the way

We loved all the churches

Flowers everywhere 

Another rocky road

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final thoughts on the Camino

 The Camino had been calling me for years, and I’m so very glad that I got to go. It was everything I had imagined and more. PAIN - My feet ...